Central Kansas Community Foundation has activated the Central Kansas Community Relief Fund to provide funding in support of the relief efforts surrounding COVID-19 in our communities (MAP).
Why make a donation to the Community Relief Fund?
- We have a sophisticated and coordinated disaster response plan to support our communities. We will leverage our relationships with local community response officials and our charitable organizations to determine the greatest need throughout the event, beginning, middle and end. Your donation will always be serving those in the greatest need.
- We have a personal connection with more than 400 charities in the counties we serve. Earlier this week we distributed a needs assessment to more than 400 charities in our communities. We have begun to establish priority need, though this will be an ongoing effort.
- We can grant to any 501 (c)(3) and other tax-exempt entity This includes city and county government, educational institutions and churches responding to the effects of COVID-19.
- We can distribute grants very quickly. As needs are identified, funding in the form of grants will be given to qualifying 501 (c)(3) organizations serving our most vulnerable populations. We have a team of reviewers working around the clock to approve dispersion of funds.
- We are a community leader and convener. In addition to accepting donations, CKCF has established an effort to list all organizational needs and resources and make this public to our generous donors and support organizations. More information for the COVID-19 CHARITABLE NEEDS LIST will be made available on our response webpage in the coming days.